More About Me
Building anything is often super cool, and when it serves others, it fills me with joy.
In building to serve others I have one caveat; it must align with my values.
· Open immigration, people and commerce should not be restricted.
· Reduce systemic barriers to affluence for peoples historically excluded.
· Drug regulation, regulation being the operative word not prohibition.
· Animal cruelty, procreating into captivity for flesh makes humanity no better than a greifer.
· Create an everyday life that is sustainable for our planet.
· Modernize health and wellness (i.e. support advent of precision medicine).
· Gun regulation, same as drugs, but I see even less use for guns.
I have reached a point in my life where my job and core beliefs cannot conflict. I want to do everything possible to embark on a career that directly aligns with one or all of these goals.
After some reflection I pivoted towards building what-sticks.com, an application for data collection and curating meaningful health and wellness statistics. I hope this will play a role in the advent of precision medicine in everyday personal care.
- Wu Wei
- “Life can’t be just about solving problems. There has to be something that inspires.”
Full Stack Developer and Founder
What Sticks (WS) is an application that helps navigate your wellness with data already being collected by your other applications and devices. Visit here: what-sticks.com.Availible now to analyze your:
- Apple Health step count
- Oura Ring sleep quality
- Local weather
Dashboards and Databases
Full Stack Developer
- Write code for applications using Python, HTML, and CSS. Most applications are in the form of a website where users interact with a database through the website. dashanddata.com
US Federal Government
- Team lead analyzing data from the Navy’s ship construction supply chain. In this role large datasets and data analytics are used to answer questions about vulnerabilities of the supply chain, review prices in proposals and measure price growth in the industry.
- Lead analysis effort of proposals for new ship and repair construction using historical purchase order data. Proposals often times have tens of thousands parts being sold. Using MS Excel and MS Access based macros my team compares the proposal parts with the historical purchase orders to assist with Navy negotiations.
- Lead analysis effort for a proposal negotiation of price growth in new ship construction projects. These projects use regression analysis, VBA programming, uncertainty analysis to measure historical growth and forecast future growth of materials for construction. The analysis involves calculating regressions on the prices of each part in the proposal with the historical purchase records of those parts. This work is done in VBA and SAS’s JMP scripting language. Price growth for each part is measured and compared with an assigned Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) price index. This analysis for assigning a BLS index for price growth requires that the part is qualitatively similar to the index and the growth is within an acceptable range to indicate that the part is well represented by the index. A third part forecast for the BLS indices are used and combined into a forecast that is used for the Navy’s position in the negotiations. Uncertainty analysis based on the observed historical growth is used to create forecast bounds.
- Maintain, review and update the Navy’s annually released Shipbuilding Composite Index (SCI). The SCI is referred to as the primary benchmark for US Navy new ship construction price growth. This composite index combines price information from Navy cost estimators, Department of Defense budget exhibits, survey data from the Navy’s shipbuilding supplier base and BLS indices.
Economist - Wholesale Electricity Group
- Forecasted electricity market using ICF International's proprietary linear program model of US electricity markets. Led in various modeling preparation efforts, contributed analysis of results, and wrote reports. Client projects included power plant valuations, energy price forecasts, market share forecasts, and various other indicators. Clients were usually electric utilities or regional transmission operators. This work required many data manipulations of large text files. This often required the use of VBA programming.
- Contributed to maintenance of database that feeds linear program model. Data updates were researched through collaboration with other energy practice teams and data sources such as electricity market coordinating organizations (ISO's and RTO's), electric companies and data producers (Platt's, SNL, etc).
- Lead in database development and made significant contributions to final published analytical report for National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). The project compared technology costs and performance parameters across seven energy market models including MARKAL, NEMS, GPRA, ReEDS, MERGE, MiniCAM, and EPA IPM. My deliverable included developing an MS Excel front end that communicated with MS Access database using VBA.
- Analyzed transmission and distribution avoided costs using spreadsheet and econometric models. Regression models were used to project the expected costs of future transmission and distribution investment based on utility and regional energy data.
- Assisted regional governments applying for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) federal grants money for investments made on energy efficiency equipment and infrastructure. In this role I provided guidance and expertise to officials on policies and the application process for receiving federal funds. Energy efficient investments included constructing or rebuilding public infrastructure, purchasing energy efficient vehicles for public transportation, and various other qualifying investments.
George Mason University - Fairfax, Virginia
Nick Rodriguez — firstname.lastname@example.org — +33.07.66.68.03.09